A hot topic in the health and fitness space is birth control and its health effects.
And there is good reason for this.
Birth control has an increased risk of stroke, and women who began the pill were also more likely to be put on anti-depressants over time as well.
It also is associated with an increased risk of autoimmune disease, heart attack, along with thyroid and adrenal chaos.
The pill shuts down the conversation between your ovaries and brain. If you shut it off with birth control, which is what birth control does, then you might have some issues trying to get everything talking correctly again.
I see this a lot with women who come off birth control for their own educated reasons.
Here’s some things that accompany birth control use :
- Taxation of your body’s primary detoxifier, your liver
- Digestive issues like leaky gut, gut dysbiosis, and inflammatory bowel disease
- Energy reduction: fatigue, Andrea, and thyroid dysfunction
- Skin issues: hair loss, dry skin
- Mood disruption: depression and anxiety low libido, vaginal dryness, chronic infections, and pain during intercourse
- Vitamin, mineral, and antioxidant depletion – b12, folate, zinc, magnesium, to name a few sabotages your thyroid
- Increased risk of breast, cervical, and liver cancer
- Increases the risk of blood clots which can lead to strokes
- Increased risk of diabetes and autoimmune issues
- Increased risk of Crohn’s disease and negative impact on the gut microbiome
As you can see, there is a lot involved, and not everyone has all of these or even any of these, but if some of these things mentioned above stick out to you, then you should dig a little deeper to equip yourself for a conversation with your medical provider.
The more you know ? the more empowered you are ✅